The large rectangular court measuring about 67.6 m. by 52 m. in front of the Khas Mahal is the garden laid out in the Char Bagh pattern with small hexagonal grids of red sandstone, now called Anguri Bagh. According to Abdul Hamid Lahauri this garden had dwarf plants of sweet fragrance. Most probably grapes (angur) were grown at a later date in this garden which gave it the present name. The garden is attached to the Khas Mahal by Shah Jahan in 1637. On the east below the marble terrace there is a small tank in the centre of the quadrangle marble paved platform measuring 14.7 m. square from which radiate four marble paved paths measuring about 5.5m. wide.
In the north, south and west sides the garden is surrounded by a double storied red sandstone building finely plastered in white lime, having series of living self contained chambers which were apparently used by the inmates of the harem. These have cusped arch openings which substantiate the Shah Jahani origin.